5 Best Ways to Download Twitch Clips, Videos, and Vods
Twitch is a popular live video streaming platform for games and esports. Here you can find live channels for all trending games such as The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, Escape From Tarkov, Fortnite, Dota 2, World of Warcraft, etc., as well as watch favorite streams and chat with users from all over the world. If you missed the live stream for some reason, you can even go to the player’s homepage to find the past broadcasts, clips, or highlights.
However, despite its popularity, it cannot meet the most basic needs of users. As we all know, there is no direct download button on Twitch, that is, we cannot download any twitch clips or videos from the platform to share to YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or other places, which is very inconvenient for players and streamers.
Fortunately, there are some online twitch video downloaders and free twitch clip download software that can do this. Next, we will show you how to download twitch videos or clips in different ways. Read on to find the one that works best for you.
Method 1. Use Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader
Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader is not specifically designed for this purpose, but it is absolutely brilliant. You can use it both on PC and Mac. Not only does it allow you to download twitch clips, but you can also download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram, and other sites. It supports multiple resolutions, that is, you can save the video to any desired quality, such as 720P, 1080P, 2K, 4K, 8K, etc. Plus, it lets you to convert videos to MP3, MP4, MOV, AVI and other formats so that you can play them on your device without any issues.
The free video downloader is designed to make the entire process easy for you. It takes care of all the difficult steps so that you can download everything you want without stressing yourself out. You will be able to appreciate the actual value of this software, especially in situations when you do not have access to Internet services. If you do not want to pick your download preferences every time you download something, you can use the one-click download mode. The system will apply your preset controls automatically.
The following are the specific steps to download videos and clips from Twitch:
- Step 1. To begin with, go to the Twitch website, find the video or clip you want to download. Then right-click on it and copy its link address.
- Step 2. Run the Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader after installing it properly on your computer. You will find a “+Paste URL(s)” option at the top of the window. Click this button to paste the copied link into the program.
- Step 3. The software will immediately begin parsing the link. Once the parsing is complete, a window will appear on the screen giving you multiple options. You can select the quality of the video you want to download. You can also choose whether to download subtitles, cover, or convert the video to MP3. After making all the necessary adjustments, you can click the “Download” button.
- Step 4. The twitch video or clip will start downloading. After the process is complete, the video will be stored on your computer, and you will have access to it without any restrictions.
Method 2. Use Untwitch
If you want a website that will allow you to download Twitch videos or clips without any hassle, then you might want to check out Untwitch. The site was created out of a strong need to meet the demands of viewers who wanted to download Twitch clips or videos for later viewing. The idea is to help fellow twitchers ‘untwitch’ which means that you take the videos off Twitch and watch them offline.
You will save a significant amount of data this way, and it will be helpful if you are in a place with a weak Internet connection. Streams can run for very long periods, so if you do not want 12 hours’ worth of video, then you can adjust the start and end of the video stream that is to be downloaded. The system will offer to download around 1 hour of footage from the beginning of the video if the Twitch stream is much longer than that. This way, you will not have to deal with timeouts and broken downloads.
Untwitch is unable to provide you with accurate file sizes for the videos that you download. It would take multiple additional servers that would scan all the small files to get an exact number. Untwitch will only offer you estimated file sizes, and that should not be a problem. However, you should always check the information available online to get an idea of what the downloaded size should be. The brand has also come up with a Twitch clip downloader with the help of which you will be able to download as many clips as you want.
How to download twitch clips with Untwitch?
It is not difficult to use the Twitch clip downloader. You have to follow a series of simple steps to untwitch videos. You will not have to watch them online over and over again. The site will allow you to experiment with different formats and sizes when it comes to the downloaded video. As mentioned before, you can also specify the length of the downloaded video.
- Step 1. Open Twitch and locate the video that you want to download. You can use the Browse option or use the search bar.
- Step 2. You will notice that there is a browser link at the top of the window associated with that particular Twitch video. Copy the link.
- Step 3. Open UnTwitch and paste it in the box given at the top.
- Step 4. Now you can wait for the site to process the information and download the video for you.
In order to ensure that the download works, make sure that you are copying the video link from Twitch.tv directly. When the Twitch video is in viewing mode, you will be able to right-click on the browser address bar and select the option Copy. You can also tap on the Share button, and use the Copy Link feature. With this website, you will be able to convert your favourite Twitch streams into mp3.
Method 3. Use Clipr
Clipr is another online twitch clip downloader. It provides a great user experience while maintaining a reliable service. Compared to desktop software, it is more convenient and fast. However, its downside is that it can only download a short clip, and cannot download long videos. Even if it has a Twitch Vod Downloader, the maximum supported video length is one hour. So if you want to download long videos, we recommend using Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader.
Downloading twitch clips with Clipr is easy. Follow these steps to get started:
- Step 1. Find the clip you would like to download from twitch, then copy its link address.
- Step 2. Go the Clipr website, insert the link into the required box and tap the “Get Download Link” button.
- Step 3. After that, you can hit the “Click to Download” button or right click on the link to save the video to your phone or computer.
Method 4. Use Twitch Leecher
VOD or Video on Demand is a much-loved feature whereby the Twitch live streaming service allows fans to watch past broadcasts of streamers even when they are offline. If you have missed a live stream conducted by your favorite streamer in real-time, you can go to the profile later and locate the stream you are looking for. However, the saved videos or VODs tend to expire after a while, leaving you unable to watch the past streams. Instead, you can use Twitch Leecher to download twitch VODs and store them on your computer to keep them within your reach. Not only can you store VODs locally, but you will also be able to upload them to another platform once you have downloaded the original version.
Here is how to download twitch vods for a viewer:
- Step 1. Download the latest version of Twitch Leecher from GitHub.
- Step 2. Run the software and install it properly.
- Step 3. Locate Twitch Leecher in your Windows 10 Start Menu and click on the icon to start the program.
- Step 4. Select the Search button at the top of the page.
- Step 5. Open Twitch on your regular web browser and open the profile of the streamer. Click on Videos and locate the VOD you want to download. Copy the Twitch URL.
- Step 6. On Twitch Leecher, select the URLs tab and paste the link. Press Search.
- Step 7. · The Twitch video will appear on the screen with a Download button.
- Step 8. · Make the necessary adjustments and select Download.
Method 5. Archive Your Broadcasts
If you are a Twitch streamer, you can download your own previous broadcasts through the Twitch website itself. You will have a window between which the previous broadcasts will be available.
- Step 1. Click on the drop-down menu located in the top-right corner on the Twitch website and select Settings. Tap on the Channel & Videos link and then check the Automatically archive my broadcasts option in the Channel Settings section.
- Step 2. Visit the Video Manager, where you will find the thumbnails for your videos. Click Download.
Now that you know how to download Twitch clips, videos, and vods, you will be able to create your own curated collection of all your favorites. It might take you a while to figure out what your preferences are, but that is no reason to keep yourself from trying these wonderful methods.
Go to Source