7 Best Methods to Download YouTube Videos for Free in 2020
As the world’s largest video sharing platform, YouTube is all-inclusive. No matter what type of video you like, whether it is news, movies, sports, music, technology, education, or funny, fashion, Vlogs, etc., you can find it here. In spare time, watching YouTube videos is the greatest pleasure for most users. However, streaming videos online is usually annoying because there are too many ads and buffers. In addition, it requires a lot of data. Thus, there is an increasing demand for downloading YouTube videos for offline viewing.
To protect the copyright and privacy of creators, YouTube does not allows users to download videos directly from its platform unless you pay $11.99 per month for the premium version. Fortunately, there are some third-party YouTube video downloaders on the market designed for this purpose.
Is it legal to download videos from YouTube?
It is important to note that downloading YouTube videos using third-party applications violates YouTube’s Terms of Service and may expose you to potential copyright infringement risks. So, before downloading someone else’s video, be sure to get permission from the copyright owner.
How to Download YouTube Videos for Free?
To serve your needs,, in the next part, we will share with you the 7 best ways to download videos from yt, most of which are suitable for computer users. Read on to check the full guide.
Method 1. Use Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader
Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader is the best YouTube video downloader for PC. With this powerful tool, you can download multiple videos at once and select from various resolutions such as 720P, 1080P, 2K, 4K and so on. The best part of the program is that it enables you to download an entire YouTube channel or playlist by simply pasting the link. No only is it limited to YouTube, but it can also save videos from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Reddit, Tumblr, and more.
It is a free YouTube video downloader, but also has a pro version that allows you to do more things you want to do, such as download subtitles, convert YouTube to mp3, etc. Now let’s take a look at how to download videos from YouTube with this magic tool:
Step 1. Download and Install the 4K YouTube Video Downloader on your computer.
Step 2. Open YouTube and copy the address of the video you’d like to download. Then run the 4K Downloader and paste the URL into the program by clicking the upper left button of the main interface.
Step 3. After the link is parsed, select the video quality and format from the pop-up box. The highest quality will be automatically selected, but you can change it according to your preference. Once confirmed, hit Download to start the process.
Step 4. The video will begin downloading. When complete, it will be automatically saved to the “Finished” section, you can watch it directly, or open the folder to rename and share it elsewhere.
Method 2. Use Gihosoft TubeGet
Gihosoft TubeGet is a professional YouTube video downloader that lets you download videos in their original quality and format from YouTube. The software can also extract audio from videos, which is very useful if you are looking to download songs for video editing. In addition to YouTube, the free video downloader also supports other media platforms, such as Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram, etc. Here are the simple steps to save YouTube videos using TubeGet:
- Step 1. Go to YouTube, find the video you want to download, and copy the link address by right-clicking the video.
- Step 2. Run TubeGet on your computer after installation and insert the link into the program by clicking the “Paste URL” button.
- Step 3. After analyzing, a pop-up box will appear whereby you have to choose the resolution and the saving directory of the video.
- Step 4. Click download to begin the process.
Method 3. Use YTD Video Downloader
YTD is a powerful video download software. With it, you can not only download YouTube videos but also grab videos from other video hosting sites like Facebook, Vimeo, etc. It supports a variety of video formats, such as MP3, MP4, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MOV, and more. You can create a video collection and use the app to set a password for yourself. The following are the detailed steps to download videos from YouTube with YTD:
- Step 1. Open YouTube and find the video that you would like to download. Copy the URL from the address bar.
- Step 2. Open the YouTube Video Downloader and paste the link to the required box.
- Step 3. Using the options of video formats by the application, choose the desired one.
- Step 4. Select the destination folder.
- Step 5. Start to download.
Method 4. Use WinX YouTube Downloader
One of the best YouTube video downloaders for Windows 10/8/7, Winx lets you grab clips from YouTube and other online websites. Some of these sites include Vimeo, MTV, and Facebook. The tool has tons of features such as customization, low CPU cost, and downloading videos in batches. You can save YouTube videos using various outputs such as MP3(audio only), MP4, WebM, and FLV.
- Step 1. Download and install the WinX YouTube Downloader.
- Step 2. Open YouTube and copy the URL of the video you like.
- Step 3. Waiting for the program to parse the link.
- Step 4. Select the format of your choice.
- Step 5. Hit the download button.
Method 5. Use Freemake Video Downloader
The Freemake Video Downloader has been named as the best YouTube video downloader for nine years. The application has over 83 million users, and it is not only limited to YouTube but other websites. Some of them include Facebook, Twitch, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. The following are the specific steps to use it:
- Step 1. Download and install the Freemake Video Downloader on your computer.
- Step 2. Run it, and enable the one-click mode.
- Step 3. Copy the URL of the video you would like to download from the YouTube platform.
- Step 4. Put the link into the program, and wait the video to automatically download.
Method 6. Use Savefrom.net
Savefrom.net is a free online video downloader that offers a fast way to grasp videos and music from YouTube and other sites, such as Tumblr, Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. The most significant advantage of this tool is that it can be used directly, so you don’t have to download any software on your computer.
- Step 1. Go to the official site of Savefrom.net.
- Step 2. Copy and insert the video URL in the box.
- Step 3. The tool will automatically detect the URL.
- Step 4. Choose a quality format.
- Step 5. Download the video for offline viewing.
Methond 7. Use Y2mate
Y2mate is another free online YouTube downloader on the market. With it, you can easily download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Yonko, DailyMotion, and other websites. It is also an MP3 converter that allows you to convert videos to MP3, MP4, MOV, WEBM, and so on. Check the following steps to learn how it works:
- Step 1. Open the website and use the free service available.
- Step 2. Copy the URL of the video you like from YouTube.
- Step 3. Paste the link on the Y2mate Browser.
- Step 4. Hit download.
Which Method Do You Like the Most?
Above we mentioned seven ways to download videos from YouTube. The tools used include 5 professional YouTube video downloaders and 2 online video downloaders. Essentially, each tool has its own highlights. But our favorite is Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader. Its performance is much better than similar software, and it is free of viruses and pop-up ads. You can download and try this, or select another. However, it is important to keep this in mind no matter which software you ultimately choose: you should not download YouTube videos without permission.
Go to Source