How to Remove Censored Parts from Photos With 4 Methods
You might have seen a censorship picture or video many times on the Television, or the Internet. The main purpose of censoring these media files is to block sensitive part or to restrict nudity by making certain parts unreadable. Usually, two methods are used to censor the photos viz. by putting a black colored box on the sensitive areas or by pixelating. Pixelating involves lowering the image resolution of that particular part which results in a blurry or unreadable image. Here you will know more about how to blur photos.
Many of you might want to know whether there is a quick and easy solution to remove censored parts from photos. The answer is a big yes! Today we will see 4 magic censor remover tools that could fix a censored image and provide its uncensored version back. Let us see these easy methods in detail:
# 1 Jihosoft Photo Eraser
The best censored photo editor you can use is Jihosoft Photo Eraser tool which uses the pixels that surround the censored part in order to restore the image to its original self. The Jihosoft Photo Eraser is loaded with many interesting photo editing features, and it comes with a wide array of Selection, Masking, Cloning, and other tools which not only help you remove unwanted objects like beard and moustache from photos but also help you repair old black and white photos, and even duplicate an object in the photos without spoiling the background of the image.
You simply need to paint those unwanted parts which you need to wipe out from the image. Then this artificial intelligence photo editing software will do the rest for you. It is user-friendly enough for those who are not photo editing experts.
Now let us see how to use this uncensoring tool to remove a censored part from a photo through a step-by-step process:
Step 1: The red mask option in the bottom left toolbox is enabled by default, which allows you to use the Selection Brush or other selection tools to mask one or multiple areas in the image at once. Then you can choose one of the selection tools to select the censored part of the image which needs to be uncensored.
Step 2: Once you have selected the part that needs to be erased, check whether the part is fully masked or painted. You can make use of the Zoom Out and Zoom In options to paint or mask the part carefully if it is a small area in a photo.
Step 3: After selecting the areas carefully, click on the “Erase” button which is located on the bottom right side of the application. Now, the censored or pixelated part will be erased automatically from the picture.
Step 4: It is advisable to erase one area or part of the image at a time so as to remove all the uncensored parts perfectively and effectively.
Inpaint is another photo censor remover similar to Jihosoft Photo Eraser that helps you uncensor photos in a seamless way. By using this application you can revive those parts of an image which are either blurred or hidden by censor boxes.
It works perfectly for the censored areas which are smaller in size but might not prove that effective when used for larger images as the process of extrapolation always works best in a smaller region. Moreover, Inpaint uses the process of cloning to apply a patch from the surrounding parts onto the censored area. So, you will not be able to restore the censored parts such as a face or bikini of a model as the image which is censored does not contain data of the face or any of the body parts once they have been censored.
However, there is no need to get upset over it as Inpaint can still erase boxes, labels, logos and other small undesired objects in pictures.
Let us see how to uncensor photos by using Inpaint:
- Step 1: Launch the Inpaint program. Once it gets opened you will have to click on the “Open” button located on the top left corner of your screen. It allows you to open the censored image on the working window of the program.
- Step 2: Now, you can either use the pencil tool or the magic wand selection tool to select that part of the photo which is censored or pixelated. Now use the “Retouch” button to recover the lost data of your image.
- Step 3: Inpaint will use the information present in the form of pixels from the parts that surround the censored area. It will then recover the information and will extrapolate the pixels to give you the exact duplicate of the original image.
#3 Adobe Photoshop
Now let us see how to uncensor a picture by using one of the most popular photo editing solutions of recent times. Yes, you guessed it right. The Adobe Photoshop! It is an excellent photo editing software with a plethora of editing tools and options. However, you need to practice more in order to master the use of this software effectively. But you need not be an expert photo editor if you only need to uncensor photos with Photoshop.
Let us see in detail how to use this software to remove censor box from images:
Option 1. How to Remove Censored Parts from Photos
- Step 1: Run the Photoshop program on your laptop or PC.
- Step 2: After opening the app, open the censored image on the working windows of the program by using the “Open Image” option located on the top left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Now, move your cursor to the “Action” menu and choose “Edit” option. It will again open a set of options from which you need to select the “Layers” option.
- Step 4: Go through all the layers present in the palette. An image is typically made of many layers, or if it isn’t composed of many layers then there will be at least the main image layer. If you find multiple layers, you need to find that layer which contains only the blurred part of the image or the black or colored box with no surrounding areas.
- Step 5: After you find that layer all you need to do is to right click on it and select the “Delete” option. You may also move that layer in the trash box located at the bottom of the palette. This will automatically remove the pixelated or censored area from your image and you will be able to see the original image.
- Step 6: Once you finish uncensoring a picture, do not forget to save it by clicking “Ctrl” + “S” at once. Also, if the program asks for permission, then always say “Yes” before proceeding towards the next image.
Option 2. How to Remove Blurry Parts from Censored Photos
Many a time, it happens that an image is censored by blurring rather than by painting solid colored boxes on certain parts. If this is the case with your censored photo, you can try to remove the blur by using Photoshop as well.
- Step 1: Open the blurred image in Photoshop and try to create a duplicate layer by moving the background layer on a new layer located below the layer option.
- Step 2: Now, go to Filter menu, choose Sharpen and then click Shake Reduction.
- Step 3: Once you do that, move the preview thumbnail and place it on the blurred part of the image by dragging it on that specific part.
- Step 4: On the extreme right of the window, you will find a section named “Blur Trace Settings”. Now, there are two options in this section viz. “Smoothing” and “Blur Trace Bounds”.
- Step 5: Firstly, sharpen the image by pulling the sharpness indicator to the right. After that, you can decrease the smoothness of the blurred part by pulling the smoothness indicator to the left.
- Step 6: Now, go to the advanced section to apply the filter on the blurred area. You can directly pull the box in the corner where you would like to sharpen the photo. Also, you can utilize the Smart Sharpen advanced filter to eliminate any blurred portion of the image.
- Step 7: After removing the blur from the photo successfully, save the photo by pressing “Ctrl” + “S” at once.
Similarly, you can also make use of other online applications and tools to sharpen a blurred image. A good aspect of these applications is that you need not be a skilled photo editor to sharpen blurry image. One such application that can reduce the blurred pixels remarkably is Wondershare Fotophire Focus that allows you to retouch blurry photos and make them clear again. Therefore, this application can prove to be ideal for you especially if the censored photo is not heavily blurred or distorted.
Follow these steps to remove the blur from a censored photo by using this cesnsor remover software:
- Step 1: Open the Fotophire software on your computer or laptop.
- Step 2: Now, add that censored image to the working window of this software.
- Step 3: After that, you will have to look out for the “Sharpen” tool which is generally present on the right side of the application. Click on the “Sharpen” option and it automatically removes all the blur areas from your image.
- Step 4: Now, save the image by clicking on the “Save” option which you will find in the center of the main menu. You will be asked to choose a particular folder in your drives to save the image. Choose a suitable folder and press “OK” to save the image.
You can now check the final result of the image in that folder. If it is not satisfactory you can try to sharpen it once again to improve the result.
These are a few photo censor removers by which you can remove censored parts from pictures or fix the blurry areas of a censored image. Also, some of the aforementioned tools will help you to remove the censored parts by restoring the pixelated parts. However, removing the censored parts from a photo might not always prove to be a bright idea. Certain photos are blurred or censored to hide nudity or to avoid violation of certain state rules and obligations. Therefore, editing these photos can prove to be an act that violates the copyright of the photo’s owner. Therefore, it is a cool idea to obtain permission from the owner of the photo before using or making any altercations into it.
If you have any confusion regarding any of the methods explained above, you can contact us directly and we will be more than happy to shed some light on the topic. Till then, enjoy your free time and edit the photos to create wonderful moments of fun and joy!
Go to Source